Our Commitment to You
This website: mall.elady.com, including www.elady.co.jp, japan.elady.com and any other domain or sub domain associated with it (together, the "Sites"), is a product of eLADY Limited (“eLADY”, "we" or "us"). eLADY is dedicated to providing its users with the highest level of transparency and control over the use of their data. In order for us to provide you with our Services, including the Sites (the "Services") we are required to collect and process certain personal information about you and your activity. By entrusting us with your information, we would like to assure you of our commitment to keep such information private. We have taken measurable steps to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of this Information. We encourage you to review the following information carefully.
Grounds for data collection
How do we receive data about you?
We receive your Personal Data from various sources:
- Registration Information – when you create an account on our Sites, or subscribe to our newsletters, we will ask you to provide us with certain contact details, and payment details if you decide to purchase a product on our shop, which are needed for us to provide with these Services.
- When you communicate with us - For example when you send us an email, we collect the Personal Information you provided us with.
- Third party information – We may receive your data from third parties who help us with the provision and maintenance of our Services, such as social networks, traffic analytics vendors, fraud prevention agencies and others.
What type of data we collect?
In the course of using the Services, we may collect certain Personal Data to provide and improve the Services, to contact or identify you, to enable you to access certain parts of the Services or as otherwise indicated in this Policy. We collect the following Personal Data about you
- When using our Services - our webserver will automatically collect your IP address, and unique online identifiers. These details are pseudonimyzed (cannot directly identify you) and are collected for the purpose of delivering relevant content and ads and operating and improving our Services (including Services from our partners).
- When you make a purchase on our Shop - you may also be required to provide us with further contact details, such as telephone number, mailing and delivery address, zip code, and payment details such as credit card number, in order for us to be able to fulfil your order.
- When you subscribe to our newsletters - we will collect your email address.
- When you send us an email - we will collect any information, including personal data that you choose to include in your inquiry to us.
We also collect data about the use of our Services and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-Personal Data:
- Technical information - this includes data such as the browser you are using and its display settings, your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), contacts, cookie information, your general location (city and country), phone call logs and general information regarding your online behavior (e.g. clicks, actions, search queries, installed apps, etc.).
- Information from third parties - this category includes information we receive from our business partners. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us. This information is also used to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
If we combine Personal Data with non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data.
When you visit or access our Services we use (and authorize 3rd parties to use) pixels, cookies, events and other technologies. Those allow us to automatically collect information about you, your device and your online behavior, in order to enhance your navigation in our Services, improve our Services’ performance, perform analytics and customize your experience. In addition, we may merge data we have with data collected through these tracking technologies and data we may obtain from other sources and, as a result, such data may become Personal Data.
How do we use the data we collect?
- Provision of Services -we will use the Personal Data you provide us for the provision and improvement of our Services, including for fulfilling your orders, providing customer support and to respond to your queries.
- Services announcements - we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Services and offer you Services offers.
- Marketing and advertising - We may use your Personal Data in the following ways: we may send you promotional material concerning our Services, or our partners' Services, which we believe might interest you; we may also display certain adverts on our Services, which we believe will be relevant for you. We make our best efforts to make sure you see only relevant ads and receive relevant communications from us, including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Data.
o Opt-out of receiving marketing materials - You may choose not to receive our promotional or marketing emails (all or any part thereof) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you unsubscribe, we may continue to send you Services-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries and feedback you provide us. If you do not want us to share your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you may opt-out in accordance with this "Opt-out" section. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your Personal Data with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example to fulfill your requests and orders, communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, etc.). In such cases, the companies with whom we share your Personal Data are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these non-marketing Services.
- Analytics, surveys and research - from time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the data we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features, all in order to improve our Services and think of new and exciting features for our users.
- Protecting our interests - we may use your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our Services and protect the rights and property of ELady, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies - we may use your Personal Data in order to enforce our policies, including but limited to our Terms and Conditions.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements - we may use your Personal Data to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
- Internal concerned parties - we share your information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our Services.
- Business partners - we share your information with business partners, such as storage and analytics providers, or fraud detection agencies, who help us provide you with our Services. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf, but they are obligated to comply with the highest security standards and applicable data protection legislation, and may not use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities - we cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any data about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party's property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
Transfer of data outside the EEA
If you reside in the European Union ("EU"), please note that your Personal Data may be transferred outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
How we protect your information
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners on a “need to know” basis, in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us. While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Data or other content you transmit using the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client Personal Data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
EU User Rights
As an EU resident, you may request to:
- a. Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with supplementary information.
- b. Receive a copy of Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- c. Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- d. Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- e. Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- f. Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
- g. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Users Outside the EU - Some of the aforementioned rights are applicable in certain jurisdictions outside the EU as well. Users residing outside the EU are welcome to contact us for any questions or requests at the details below.
How to contact us?
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact us using the details below:
Our Policy toward Children
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Sites and Servicess are not designed for or directed at children under the age of 16 years old (“Minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data, he or she should contact us using the details provided above.
Updates to this Policy